Date: Sunday 25 August 2019
Venue: Milorho Lodge, Rietfontein, Rustenberg
Cost: R85 for members & R95 for non-members. R30 for children under 10. For those who will be braaing after the hike, we would also appreciate a small donation towards the charcoal please as it has become very expensive.
Meet at the main gate and Mark will collect the admission fees.
Milorho Lodge is nestled comfortably on the northern slopes of the Magaliesburg mountains, which happens to be the second oldest mountain range in the world. The pristine and tranquil reserve is home to a large endemic flora system, bursting with a beautiful array of bird and wildlife. There are over 600 hectares of vast beautiful kloofs and awe-inspiring rock pools.
There are two trails: the green trail is 10.4 km and takes 5-6 hours. the brown trail is 2.4 km and takes 2-3 hours.
There are braai facilities so we will provide the fires.
Please let Mark know by Thursday, 22 August if you wish to attend.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 082 301 1235 (sms or Whatsapp only please).
GPS Co-ordinates: S25 50 08.2 E27 23 42.5
From Krugersdorp/Magaliesburg along the R24 road
- (DO NOT TAKE THE MAANHAARRAND TURNOFF UNLESS YOU ARE IN A SERIOUS 4X4 VEHICLE)
- Take the R24 to Rustenburg and after passing Olifantsnek Dam on your right hand side and Hunters Rest on your left hand side you arrive at a T-junction.
- Turn right on the Oorsaak road
- Travel 9.7km to the first T-junction
- Turn right and take the Kromrivier road
- Travel 9.7km up and over a steep hill and into a valley
- Take a right at the 2nd Rietfontein road (Sparkling Waters)
- Proceed past Sparkling waters hotel and travel 2km on a dirt road.
- Turn left at the R37 board and Milorho Gate
From N4 route from N4 to Rustenburg from Pretoria direction
- Traveling towards Rustenburg on the N4, take the Marikana off-ramp
- Turn left and travel 700m to a T-junction
- Turn right and travel 1km to a T-junction
- Turn left and travel 11.5km passing Buffelspoort Dam and turn left at the Rietfontein /Sparkling Waters turn off
- Proceed past Sparkling Waters hotel/ Magalies canopy tour and travel 2km on a dirt road
- Turn left at R37 board and Milorho gate