Date: Sunday 28 April 2019
Venue: Mountain Sanctuary Park, Magaliesberg
Cost: R150 for members and R170 for non-members – payable in advance. Plus R50 per car which only has to be paid on arrival.
This hike is on the expensive side but really worthwhile. It is a beautiful, pristine reserve with stunning views, amazing rock formations and lovely crystal clear pools to swim in – don’t forget your costumes. They also have a lovely big swimming pool. Check out their website: https://www.mountain-sanctuary.co.za/
They advise not to use a GPS as it may take you over Breedt’s Nek Pass which is seldom in good condition and requires a 4 x 4 vehicle.
Kindly note that it is quite far so please allow at least one and a half hours to get there.
- Recommended Route: (This route is tarred for all but the last 2.5 km)
- Take the R512 (past Lanseria).
- At the Broederstroom T-junction turn LEFT.
- After Pecanwood turn RIGHT at the SUN-CITY / BRITS turn-off.
- At the T-junction turn RIGHT towards BRITS / SUN CITY.
- At the 4-way stop (ENGEN on right) turn LEFT towards SUN CITY.
- Follow this road for about 38km past Majakaneng, Mooinooi and Buffelspoort.
- After Buffelspoort turn LEFT at the 3-way stop.
- After about 10km turn LEFT towards MAANHAARRAND.
- Follow the MOUNTAIN SANCTUARY PARK SIGNS.
There will be a braai after the hike and, as usual, the Club will supply the charcoal.
Please let Mark know by Sunday 14th April if you wish to attend.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 082 301 1235 (sms or Whatsapp only please). You also need to confirm your payment with him ASAP – see bank details at the end of this newsletter.